As the world gets dark we as the Light of this world must be ‘on’ so others may see what is true. A great deal of what we get caught up in, is not necessarily what is needed. What is needed, is to look into our own souls – so we are free from hypocrisy and walk in the truth of who we say we believe and follow, Jesus Christ.
Questions we would do well in asking ourselves:
- Do we look the same on the inside as we are on the outside?
- Live lives according to what (who) we believe?
- Live our day – loving our neighbor as we love ourselves?
- Ask the Lord to reveal what is offensive to Him (in our hearts)
- Look at what offends us – not as a place to point fingers but a place where we pray-first
- Are quick to say ‘I am sorry’
- Open to hearing criticism or rebuke from others – no matter where it may come from, for our own good
- Say what we mean, and mean what we say
- Are willing to go the extra mile
- Look at the lost, and evil in this world – through the eyes of God
- Practice what we preach
There are many more questions we could ask ourselves, but the point really is, are we who we say we are? Do we love the Lord with ALL our hearts? We can only fool ourselves for so long, and others for maybe a time, but we cannot fool the God we say we believe, follow and trust and so must ask ourselves some hard questions.
You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble! But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead? James 2:19-20